Monday, October 6, 2008

Black Kids and The Virgins - Abbey Pub 10/6/08


The Black Kids are returning to the Abbey Pub this evening, this time as a headliner. WHOOT!! They have performed at Abbey before, warming up the crowd before Cutters back in April. I unfortunately missed them at Lolla '08. Their new CD has been remastered and sounds less "raw" than before. I am really excited to see another band to come out of NYC, The Virgins. I just heard that they've gained popularity due to their songs played on MTV, 90210, and Gossip Girl. I did not get to see them at SXSW this year, so this could be the best time to catch songs like, Murder and Rich Girls. If you get a chance, watch the video below. This tune is very, very catchy.





UPDATE: Great Show....the Virgins didn't get to play "Murder". Shortly after their set I got a chance to speak with drummer, Erik Ratensperger. He said that “Murder” is a very difficult song to perform live and they were still trying to get the kinks out of it. Practice makes perfect. Not sure when I’ll be able to catch them again, but I really wish I could of heard that song. In light of the fact they didn’t play it, Cummings had a pretty hilarious Miley Cyrus t-shirt. The Black Kids have really polished their act since early May; they left the stage with “Hurricane Jane”

No comments: